Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Welcome!

This blog explores topics related to the intersections of social media, teaching/learning, ethics, writing and communication programs. I will share classroom successes and the failed moments that must be reworked, as well as research updates.

When I defended my dissertation several years ago, a committee member remarked that he liked the idea of sending me back into a communication program with my doctoral degree in higher education. I like my intersection between the two overarching interests, and will share what I have learned, and am learning, along the way.

Research and teaching highlights from my CV are included on this blog, and I encourage you to send me a note at skmaben@gmail.com. For now, I want to give a few resources with acronyms, of course!

SWECJMC - http://swecjmc.wp.txstate.edu/ - Our annual Southwest Symposium will be Nov. 4-5, 2016, in West Memphis, Ark.

JSMS - The Journal of Social Media in Society is a open access peer-reviewed journal for all things social media and mobile tech.

TSMRI - The Texas Social Media Research Institute is a think tank for social media. It's also an experiential learning lab; student interns are conducting research, leading training sessions, and practicing social networking. Each November, the group hosts a Social Media Conference that draws academics and practitioners from all over the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment